Weight Loss Tea
Nowadays, obesity is one of the biggest health problems man kind has to deal with. This is also the reason weight loss techniques are so popular. The most common way people try to lose those extra pounds is by taking weight loss supplements, even though they don’t work for everyone and they are all known to have many side effects.
So is this way of dieting for you? Well, first of all, you must ask your physician and secondly, if you want to lose weight and sleep easy, then you are better of choosing something else, like weight loss tea.
There are many kinds available on the market today, but for me, green tea is the best. It will not bring a big change to your weight loss efforts, but research done in Japan has shown that if you drink 5 cups of it daily, you are likely to burn about 80 extra calories.
The logic behind this is that when you drink a cup of green tea your body starts a process known as thermogenesis, which will aid the fat burning process, by increasing your body’s temperature. This will happen thanks to its caffeine and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) content.
You must think of weight loss tea as an aid to your weight loss efforts and not something that will make you shed those extra pounds all on its own.
You won’t reach your goal by losing 80 calories a day, even if you wish to lose only 1 pound per week. Furthermore, don’t believe everything weight loss tea commercials advertise, because, for example, it will not help you lose several inches in the tummy area.
Do you want to know the truth? By drinking 5 cups of green tea you will lose one pound in 43 days and about 8 pounds a year. In other words, you won’t get far. As I’ve said before, by drinking weight loss teas you will aid your weight loss efforts, but you will need to diet and exercise to achieve the results you want.
At this point, you might be disappointed, because you’ve thought that weight loss teas will make you shed those extra pounds, while you go about your daily routine.
Well, nothing in life is that easy, but if you want to get the best help, drink green tea, find a diet plan that suits you, isn’t difficult to follow and a workout routine for which you have chosen all the exercises individually, to make sure that you will enjoy doing them.
Green Tea for Weight Loss
Green tea is good for many things, not just for weight loss, so including it into your diet plan is a good idea. For example, it has many health benefits:
1. Helps your heart: According to some studies, men who ingest high levels of polyphenols like catechin are 75 percent less likely to have a stroke. This is possible, because green tea decreases your “bad” cholesterol (LDL) levels and increases your “good” cholesterol (HDL) levels and by doing so it creates a healthier balance in your blood system. It can also thin your blood and lower your blood pressure.
2. Fights cancer: In recent years, research has shown that the main cause of cancer is the damage done to your DNA, by free radicals. So it all depends on your body’s ability to heal itself. But if it’s too weak, your DNA strands can be damaged permanently and that’s when cancer comes into the picture, because instead of producing healthy cells, they will make mutated ones. The catechins found in green tea can destroy these free radicals before they do any damage. It can also reduce the risk of lung, prostate, gastrointestinal tract, skin, liver, bladder and pancreatic cancer. So drink it, because it’s good for you!
3. Strengthens your immune system: The catechins from green tea have the ability of increasing your white blood cell count, by strengthening your T- and B-cells. They are both very important for your body, because T-cells fight specific invaders , such as cancers and germs, while B-cells make antibodies, which neutralize infectious microorganisms and foreign agents.
4. Helps the liver: The liver is responsible for detoxifying your body and without it you wouldn’t be able to survive. It works by absorbing poison from your blood and alters them into soluble substances with the help of enzymes. The poison is eliminated from your system through the usual way. Although our liver is very stressed, due to pollution and the foods we eat, catechins can help us get back on track!
Catechins will protect your liver against daily toxins by helping the enzymes it uses to fight them. So if you want your liver to have a long life, which in return will prolong yours, drink green tea!
If you wish to get the best possible results out of drinking this kind of tea, try making it out of whole leaves, because they keep more antioxidants, nearly twice as much. You can have them in loose form or in a tea bag, just stay away from “tea shavings”, because they only contain traces of the powerful component.
For more information, don’t forget to sign up for my FREE weight loss guide!
More About Green Tea – The most popular weight loss tea
Green tea is one of the most popular weight loss aids, so if you are one of those people who thinks that it can help you achieve your goals, then you will have to choose: pills, tablets or liquid?
Well, there are four types of catechins in green tea, but EGCG has the best effect on weight loss and health.
How Much Should I Take?
According to recent studies made in China, taking 600 to 900 mg of EGCG catechins will have a powerful effect on weight loss and overall body fat reduction. The best thing for you to do would be to look for products that contain 45 percent EGCG and 90 percent polyphenol.
Why is Green Tea Extract Better Than the Beverage?
A cup of tea has about 100 mg of catechins, but this number may depend on many things, like water temperature, steeping time and regional variations. As I’ve said before, your daily intake needs to be between 600-900 mg of EGCG catechins, in order for results to appear, this means drinking between 6 or 9 cups of green tea daily. That’s a lot, considering that by taking one pill you get your necessary daily intake.
How Do I Brew a Cup Of Green Tea?
If you are still hellbent on drinking it, instead of just taking it, you can search online and you will see that brewing green tea is an art, because you have to know how to get the most out of it. The most common tip of all is not to use boiling water or not to steep it for too long, since that will make it bitter.
This will help you obtain a perfectly flavored tea, but if taste is not you goal and you want to get the most antioxidants out of it, then you must know that you will lose a percentage of the flavor, but at least it will aid your weight loss efforts:
1. Temperature: Use boiling water, because that way you will get the most catechins out of it. The higher the temperature the more catechins will be released.
2. Steeping: It is a good idea to do so for about 5 minutes, in order to get the most out of the tea.
If it’s too bitter for your taste, you can add milk, but do so at your own risk, because that will automatically add a few calories.
For more information on weight loss teas you can sign up for my FREE weight loss guide!