How to lose weight in a week ?
So you want to lose weight in a week? Well, it’s going to be difficult, but not impossible. Here are 5 key elements that will make you lose weight in the desired time frame:
1. Be careful what you eat: This doesn’t mean that you can’t occasionally eat what you crave for, all you have to do is watch the amount. Yes, you have to eat healthy foods, but that does not mean that you can’t still have the food that you love.
Your social life doesn’t have to be over just because you are on a diet.
You can still go out to eat with friends, only not so often. The same goes for your sweet tooth. You can still have candy or pastries, to make those cravings go away, but watch the amount.
Self deprivation is a very bad idea when you are on a diet, because after a while all you will be able to think about will be that candy of chocolate you can’t have. It is better to get them out of your head, so you can focus on what’s really important, losing all that extra weight.
If you want to shed those extra pounds, you must maintain your body’s metabolic rate at a high level, because that way you will keep burning calories. This is one the most basic rules of weight loss.
2. Eat vegetables: When it comes to veggies, you can definitively pig out, since they contain mostly water and high levels of fiber, which will make you feel full for a longer period. They are also filled with vitamins and minerals, which will aid you in your goal to lose weight, because they will make you feel healthy and have a lot of energy.
3. Have healthy snacks: When on a diet, the nutritional value of the food you eat matters more than the serving sizes. Many people forget about snacking when they are trying to lose weight, but they shouldn’t, since it is a very important part of the plan. Have some healthy snacks between mealtimes, because they will help you get rid of the cravings. Try eating an apple instead of a slice of cake or sweet carrots and sliced cucumbers instead of cookies.
You can even have fruit smoothies or shakes instead of bad alternatives. For example, you can have frozen smoothies, which you can make yourself by putting some mangoes into the freezer until they are frozen, dissolving them a bit and then throwing them into the blender. Now you’ve got yourself a smoothie! It isn’t a light drink, so it will fill you up and it is very healthy.
4. Drink plenty of water: If you wish to lose weight in a week, the first thing you need to do is drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Believe it or not, this will stop you from putting any extra pounds on.
This also means no more artificial fruit juices, sodas, iced coffees, because they are bad for your health and your weight loss plans, not to mention that they contain a lot of fat and no nutritional value. Beside helping you lose weight, water will also aid your blood flow, keep your metabolism at a high level and help your eye sight.
Want to have a younger-looking skin? No problem, water can do that too. So drink it, because it will help you in more ways than one.
5. Find enjoyable exercises: When trying to lose weight in a week, dieting won’t do the trick all on its own, you will also need to find an exercise routine, one that you will enjoy doing.
Nobody says that a diet plan can’t be fun to follow, all you have to do is find exercises that you like doing, foods that you enjoy eating and you will lose weight so fast, that you won’t even notice your week is up!
More on How to Lose Weight in a Week
Losing weight in a week won’t be easy, so you will need as much help as you can get. Here are some more things you can do to shed those extra pounds in the desired time frame:
1. No more paste or white bread: Come to think of it, you should ban all white grain products from the menu. This means no more sandwich rolls, white rice or spaghetti. This is a must, since these foods may cause bloating, especially around the waist. They contain simple carbohydrates, which will leave you feeling hungry in no time, since they can be digested very quickly.
At this point you might be thinking about substituting them for whole grain products, but a better idea would be to just eat vegetables for the week. For example, a chicken salad is way healthier and better for weight loss, than a chicken sandwich. Veggies contain mostly water, which means that they will aid you in getting rid of water weight.
2. Thirty minutes of cardio daily: Cardio will elevate your heart rate, which will keep your metabolism at a high level and that in return will make you burn more calories. So try to use as many muscle groups at once as you can, in order to achieve the best possible results. For example, you can do cardio kickboxing, spinning and boot-camp workouts.
A half an hour doing any of these exercises will make you burn between 200 and 300 calories and help you tone your core, arms and legs. If you wish to achieve even better results, you might want to include interval training into your routine, which means switching between short bursts of intense cardio and slower activity.
3. Coffee before workout: You may have a cup of coffee an hour before your workout session. Usually, it is recommended that you drink nothing more than water when trying to lose weight, but since we are talking about a week, you need all the help you can get.
They say that coffee makes us more productive in the workplace, so why shouldn’t it be true when it comes to exercising? But the only way you are allowed to have coffee is either with skim milk or plain.
4. Sleep more: If you sleep 30 minutes more than you used to, you will feel more refreshed and you will be less likely to overeat or make bad food choices and you will be more willing to work out.
5. Sacrifice a favorite: We all have foods that we love, ones that you eat because you want to, not because you have to. Well, you need to say goodbye to one of them, because it will save you a few hundred calories.
For example, stop eating that chocolate dessert after dinner.
6. Trick the camera: They say that the camera adds some extra pounds. So, if you are not through with your weight loss, but you need to take a picture for some reason, here’s what you can do to look thinner: push your chin forward, hold your arms away from your body and turn slightly sideways with one foot in front of the other.
Be determined, it is the only way you will be able to reach your goal!