Different Ways to Lose Weight
If you are looking for different ways to lose weight, there is something you should know: you will not achieve the best possible results just by dieting.
The only way you will be able to lose all those extra pounds and get a fit and toned body is by being in control of your own lifestyle and having self-discipline. If you have what it takes, you will not only lose weight, but you will also manage to keep it off in the long run.
Most people achieve weight loss by reducing the amount of food they eat daily and by burning calories through exercise. This is the only successful way of losing weight, because by eating less you will be able to get rid of all that fat you are carrying around with you.
Most people make a big mistake when following a weight loss plan, in the sense that they see it as something temporary and not a new way of life.
If you want to lose that extra weight and keep it off, you need to change the way you live your life, otherwise you won’t be able to keep you new figure for long.
So here are a couple of ways to lose weight in oder to get you going:
1. Learn about serving sizes: This will be your first challenge when starting a diet plan and this step is critical, since you need to know the amount of food you should be eating to start losing weight.
He have been raised to eat all the food that’s been put in from of us, so if you have a large portion on your plate, you might still eat it all, even if you are not that hungry.
So the best thing for you to do, if you want to lose weight, would be to put small portions of food on your plate and just add a bit more if you feel like you are still hungry.
This is a great way to make sure that you don’t over eat.
The problem with eating out is that you can’t control you portion’s size. But you don’t have to eat everything, just because it’s on your plate. As I’ve said before, you need to learn self-control and use it to make yourself stop eating too much.
2. Learn to eat slowly: It take your brain a full 20 minutes to realize that your stomach is full, so you have to learn to eat small bites and slowly, in order to give your brain time to catch up.
3. Eat according to the serving order: In other words, it is always a good idea to have an appetizer before the main course. If there’s no appetizer, you can eat the lighter stuff from your plate, before you get started on the heavy calorie foods.
Have vegetables, because are good for you and they can provide a high fiber intake.
4. No skipping meals. Some people think that they can drastically reduce their calorie intake by not eating, but what they don’t know is that by doing so they will achieve exactly the opposite.
If you skip a meal, you will be so hungry next time you sit down to eat, that you will definitively pig out, which means that you will boost your calorie intake and that’s not a good idea when you are trying to lose weight.
5. Drink a lot of water: Water will make you feel full throughout the day, it has a lot of health benefits, it helps you digestive system, blood circulation and it also makes your skin glow and look supple.
6. No more junk: As I’ve said before, if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you need to change your way of life, which means saying no to junk food. So try substituting chips with fresh fruit and sodas with fruit juice.
If it’s snack time and you want to eat carbohydrates, you can eat crackers or whole-grain bread. They will keep you feeling full for a longer period, since whole-grain products are known to be complex carbohydrates, which means that they are harder to break down.
For more information, don’t forget to sign up for my FREE weight loss guide!
More Different Ways to Lose Weight
If someone tells you that losing weight is easy, they are lying and they have never tried to do so. The only way you will shed those extra pounds is through hard work, dedication and self-discipline.
So the best way to lose weight would be to change what you eat:
1. Reduce or cut the consumption of red meat: In order to shed those extra pounds you need to cut down on the consumption of red meat, especially if your current diet consists mainly of burgers. You also need to stop eating in restaurants and fast-food joints, since they provide poor food choices.
So instead of having read meat, or high-fat products, you may want to switch to fish and poultry. You can also eat turkey, shellfish or chicken as long as you use the right preparation technique and you must learn to say ‘no’ to grilled chicken sandwiches and high-calorie, creamy sauces.
2. No more fried anything: Fried foods need to be avoided at all costs if you truly wish to lose weight. Try broiling, boiling, baking or grilling your foods instead.
This doesn’t mean that the meals you will be eating while on a diet have to be horrible, because you can make things interesting with low-calorie condiments, like barbecue sauce, which you can use to flavor your boiled chicken or lemon-herb dressing in order to make your broiled fish taste delicious.
If you want to make sure that you won’t be tempted to use any of your old, fatty, high-calorie condiments, you might want to trow them out and stock your kitchen with healthy herbs and spices. Or, if you have the possibility to do so, you can plant your own herb garden, because that way you will never run out.
If there’s no way around eating fast-food, because you are on the run, forget the “special offers”, because they contain many extra calories. Have a small, plain hamburger or a grilled chicken sandwich and a small salad, but watch the dressing.
3. Start your meal with something easy. Have a salad or soup before the main course, because this way you will curb your hunger, which will stop you from overeating.
You can have a tomato based -or broth- soup, because the vegetables it has will provide a lot of fiber, nutrition and they will also make you feel full.
As far as salads are concerned, try topping them off with balsamic vinegar or low-calorie dressing. The good thing about salads is that they will make you feel full for a longer period, because the are high in fibers.
4. Top it all off with fruit: Most of us have a habit of eating sweets of pastries after a meal, but you must resist the temptation, because, remember, you are on a diet. So have fruit instead, because they are much healthier and you may eat as much as you want, since they contain mostly water.
They also have high levels of vitamins, minerals and fibers and a low amount of calories.
If you REALLY want a fitter body, you need to change your way of life, it is the only way. For more ways to lose weight, you can sign up for my FREE weight loss guide!