Best Weight Loss Tips
Nowadays, there are hundreds of weight loss tips available for you, which means that if you have the strength to change you way of life, you will certainly find the means to do so. So get the motivation you need in order to lose those extra pounds and have the body you’ve always wanted.
Now, I know that in this day and age time is very precious, so I will write down the most important weight loss tips:
1. Prepare you own meals. This is probably the best weight loss tip I can give you, because watching you calorie intake is of up-most importance when trying to lose weight.
So this means that you must eat at home as much as possible, because it is the only way you will be able to keep track of the ingredients you meals are made of, not to mention that by not going to some fancy fast-food chain, you will acquire a much healthier eating habit.
2. Know your serving sizes. You then have to calculate the amount of calories of a certain serving size. If you are feeling full, but still have food on your plate, don’t go overboard, leave it there, you will eat it next time you are hungry.
3. Know your food. There are good and bad foods, just like there are good and bad calories. What you have to do is learn to tell them apart.
4. Fiber is good for you. It will help you develop a high metabolic rate and a healthy digestion. Fruits and vegetables are excellent sources of fiber, so include them in your diet as much as possible.
5. Variety is also good for you. If you think that dieting is all about fibers, you are wrong. Your meals need to be well-balanced, this means including stuff like healthy fats and proteins.
6. The first thing you need to give up on is bread or you can work your way around this rule by having ones that are made of whole grain. The good thing about whole grain bread is that it has complex carbohydrates, which means that you will be able to go on without eating for longer periods of time.
7. The bad thing about veggies is that if you are eating out they always come with some fatty dressing or croûtons. That’s why it is a good idea to prepare your own meals, because that way you will be able to top the veggies with olive oil, vinaigrette or lemon juice.
8. Don’t starve yourself. Losing weight is all about keeping your metabolism at a high rate, but if you stop eating you will cause it to shut down. Another problem will be that you will be so hungry that you will definitively pig out at your next meal. In other words, you will not lose any weight.
9. Eat smaller meals. The fact is that if you eat more often you will feel less hungry throughout the day, so have 5 small meals instead of 3 larger ones.
10. No junk foods. Junk foods are a weight loss plan’s worst nightmare, because they contain high levels of sodium, which is bad cholesterol. Sodium increases your body’s capacity to keep water and it can also block blood vessels, which can cause sever health problems.
11. Take your time. Since your body needs 20 minutes to tell your brain that it’s full, you may want to eat slowly. You might also be surprised to find out that you don’t need to eat all the food from you plate in order to be full.
12. Treat yourself occasionally. We all have foods that we love to eat, so instead of pitying yourself for being deprived, you can treat yourself now and then, because it will make you feel better and it will also give you the willpower you need to keep going.
For more information, don’t forget to sign up for my FREE weight loss guide!
More weight loss tips
You can never have to many ways of losing those extra pounds, so here are some more weight loss tips:
1. Have a snack. Not so long ago, eating between meals was on the top of the weight loss diet don’ts, but not anymore. Thanks to recent studies done by nutritionists, it has been proven that its better to eat a healthy snack when you are hungry. So surround yourself with filling, protein-packed snacks, because you never know when you might need them.
2. No TV. According to recent studies, eating while performing some kind of distracting activity, such as watching TV, can make you increase your calorie intake by up to 40 percent. So if you really want to lose those extra pounds, you might want to think about putting your meal on a plate and having it sitting down, at a table, even if it means eating by yourself.
3. Weigh yourself weekly. It is a good way of keeping track of your progress and it also means that you can also change your diet if things are not going according to plan.
4. Work out. By exercising at least three times a week not only will you lose weight faster, but you will also acquire muscle mass, which will help you keep that extra weight off in the future.
5. Distract your appetite. Studies have shown that a craving only lasts for about 5 minutes, so if you want to stop yourself from eating junk food, pick up that phone, call a friend and ask about his day or do anything else that will keep your mind off food.
6. Breakfast of champions. According to recent studies, if you eat a big, balanced breakfast made out of proteins, carbs and a small amount of fat, you will maintain your blood-sugar levels at a steady level, which it return will stop you from pigging out at your next meal. Here’s a good idea for a power breakfast: try turkey bacon with egg whites and whole-wheat toast.
7. Cut back on drinks. Think of it this way: a margarita contains several hundred calories, so why not avoid it if you can? But, if you can’t resist the temptation have a light beer, a glass of wine or vodka instead, because they only pack a punch of a hundred calories.
8. Fruit is good for you. It is also very filling, which means that it will fill both your stomach and your plate, not leaving room for high-calorie foods. You can eat as much fruit as you like, because they represent the good kind of carbohydrates, rich in healthy fiber, not to mention that they are low on fat and mostly water.
9. Sleep it off. Research has shown that if you go to bed 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after you normally do, you will be well-rested, therefore you will be less likely to eat foods you are not supposed to, due to stress or tiredness.
10. Visualize you goal. Every time you feel like you don’t have the strength to go on anymore, take a moment to visualize yourself thin and fit. It might just give you the push you need in order to keep going.
If you want to discover more weight loss tips you can sign up for my FREE weight loss guide!